Google’s Chrome is a fine browser on its own — it’s fast, light, and doesn’t get in the way of the content you want to see. But what makes Chrome unique, perhaps even powerful, is when you add Chrome extensions and apps to your personal installation. There are tens of thousands to choose from on the Chrome Web Store, most of which are free.
Others, however, are completely unique to Chrome. These extensions can be installed on Chrome for Windows, MacOS, Linux, and also Chrome OS-based devices like a Chromebook laptop. However, they won’t work on mobile versions of the Chrome browser for Android or iOS.
Here are the very best Google Chrome extensions that just might revolutionize your workday.
Organize work and life with Todoist for Chrome.
Ranked as “the best to-do list right now” by The Verge, Todoist is used by 25 million people to organize, plan and collaborate on projects, both big and small.
Use Todoist for Chrome to:
- Add websites as tasks: Add a blog post to your reading list. Save an item to your wishlist. Add work tasks to follow up on.
- Plan your day: Quickly organize your tasks for the day right from the extension.
- Complete tasks from the browser: Once your tasks are done, check them off without switching context.
Do more with Todoist on desktop and mobile:
- Capture and organize tasks the moment they pop into your head.
- Remember deadlines with reminders and due dates.
- Build lasting habits with recurring due dates like “every Monday”.
- Collaborate on projects by assigning tasks to others.
- Prioritize your tasks with priority levels.
- Track your progress with personalized productivity trends.
Record your screen and camera with one click. Share that content in an instant with a link.
Loom is the fastest, easiest way to record content and stay connected with your team. Whether you’re screen recording a product demo, giving feedback, or simply sharing your thoughts, Loom makes it simple to stay in the loop with async video.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED AND MORE
Using Loom, you can collaborate with your team, add time-stamped comments and reactions to those videos, and save videos you’ve recorded to your device. Now, you can spend less time crafting the perfect email between meetings, and say it with video using Loom.
- Record your screen, camera, microphone, and internal audio
- Automatically save videos to the cloud and share them instantly with a link
- Get notified when someone views, reacts, or comments on your video
- Leave time-based comments and emoji reactions
- Manage your Loom video library on-the-go and across devices
- Choose who can see your video with security and access controls
- Download recordings to your camera roll
- Adjust video playback speed View a transcript of your video
- Edit and trim your video using the Loom web app
The best screen recorder and screen capture & annotation tool for remote work.
Want to share your screen for cases like reporting technical issues, making product demos or how-to tutorials? Here are 🔟 reasons to choose Awesome Screen Recorder & Screenshot
1️⃣ Provide stable service for more than 10 years
2️⃣ Loved by more than 3 millions users across different platforms 👍
3️⃣ Local Screen Recorder & Cloud Screen recorder 2 in 1
4️⃣ Screenshot / Screen capture & Screen recorder 2 in 1
5️⃣ Quick Customer support
6️⃣ Powerful features special designed for work and educational scenarios
7️⃣ No ads and respect your privacy
8️⃣ Easy to use
9️⃣ Instant sharing your screenshots and screen recordings
🔟 Most importantly, your voice matters! 🗣 & Continuous improvements
- Turn text into lifelike speech. Readme can read aloud the content of any web pages, pdfs & ebooks with natural sounding voices.
- Readme is a text-to-speech extension that uses advanced deep learning techniques to synthesize natural human speech in more than 40 languages.
- In addition to Standard TTS voices, Readme offers Neural Text-to-Speech (NTTS) voices that deliver advanced improvements in speech quality through a new machine learning approach.
- With tons of text-to-speech voices, including those provided natively by the browser, as well as by text-to-speech cloud service providers such as Google WaveNet, you will be able to improve your productivity!
- For instance, you can listen to a document while doing something else, if you find it easier to retain the information you’ve heard, or if you want to sense-check something you’ve written.
- Readme can read aloud the content of any web pages, pdfs & e-books with natural sounding voices. It can be enormously helpful for anyone who’s visually impaired or has a condition like dyslexia that makes reading on screens tricky. It can also help overcome language barriers for people who read a language but don’t speak it, or are in the process of learning.
Use the Evernote extension to save things you see on the web into your Evernote account.
Evernote Web Clipper is a browser extension that lets you save interesting things you find on the web directly to your Evernote account.
- Web Clipper
Capture ideas and inspiration from anywhere with ease. Save articles, web pages, and screenshots directly to Evernote.
- Save what matters
Clip web pages, articles, or PDFs and save them in Evernote. Screen capture full pages or just the parts you want—without distracting ads and sidebars.
- Customize your clips
Take a screenshot of a web page, then add highlights, text, and other annotations. With Web Clipper, you can make sure what’s important is clear at a glance.
- Keep content organized
Tag what you save so your research, photos, ideas, and more are all easy to find using keywords. You can also add titles and save content to the notebook that makes sense.
- Go beyond bookmarks
Save web page URLs, images, and descriptions to your relevant Evernote notebook and keep all your related content in one easy-to-find place.
From grammar and spelling to style and tone, Grammarly helps you eliminate writing errors and find the perfect words to express yourself. You’ll get real-time feedback from Grammarly on Gmail, Google Docs, Twitter, LinkedIn, and nearly everywhere else you find yourself writing. Grammarly is a writing assistant that offers you specific suggestions to help you improve your writing — and it goes way beyond grammar. You can be confident that your writing is not only correct, but clear and concise, too. Be sure to register your account to receive a personalized writing report each week to help you track your progress and identify improvement areas.
- A simple, guided editing process
- High-quality writing
- Works where you do
- Trusted by millions of users
- Grammarly Premium
- Detect your tone
- Multilingual speakers
- Grammarly in the news
StayFocusd increases your productivity by limiting the amount of time that you can spend on time-wasting websites.
You sit down at the computer, and you swear you’ll be productive. Next thing you know, it’s twelve hours later. You’ve checked your email, updated your Facebook status, blown through 200 pages of Reddit, read every article in your Twitter feed, looked up your favorite band on Wikipedia, vanity googled yourself, cyber-stalked your ex, browsed through all your high-school crushes’ Instagram feeds, and lost a week’s pay playing online poker.
What you haven’t done is WORK.
StayFocusd is a productivity extension for Google Chrome that helps you stay focused on work by restricting the amount of time you can spend on time-wasting websites. Once your allotted time has been used up, the sites you have blocked will be inaccessible for the rest of the day.
It’s highly configurable, allowing you to block or allow entire sites, specific subdomains, specific paths, specific pages, even specific in-page content (videos, games, images, forms, etc).
Automatically find and apply coupon codes when you shop online!
Automatically apply coupons on 30,000+ sites. Join 17 million members who shop with confidence.
- Love saving money? Just wait til you try Honey.
- We automatically search for and apply coupons when you shop online.
- One click and we test different codes and apply the best one to your cart.
- From pizza to furniture and shoes to travel, our members save an average of $126 a year.
- Want better Amazon prices? We compare sellers – even factoring in shipping and Prime status. Throw in price tracking and price history tools for more chances to save.
- Stack up deals on deals with rewards. Earn Honey Gold when you shop millions of items. Redeem your Honey Gold points for gift cards from your favorite stores. (Terms Apply)
- Honey also helps you know when it’s the right time to buy. When you’re on select sites, add items to Droplist and we’ll let you know if we detect a price drop.
- Throw in exclusive Honey promo codes and offers for even more ways to save.
- It all adds up to a suite of shopping features that takes the guesswork out of buying.
Dark mode for every website. Take care of your eyes, use dark theme for night and daily browsing.
This eye-care extension enables night mode creating dark themes for websites on the fly. Dark Reader inverts bright colors making them high contrast and easy to read at night.
You can adjust brightness, contrast, sepia filter, dark mode, font settings and ignore-list.
Dark Reader doesn’t show ads and doesn’t send user’s data anywhere. It is fully open-source https://github.com/darkreader/darkreader
View, edit, and create Office documents in your browser.
Built for Chrome – Use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Sway Online without needing Office installed.
Create with confidence – Use familiar formatting and layout options to express your ideas in full fidelity.
Work on the go – Get to your files from anywhere, thanks to integration with OneDrive and OneDrive for Business.